Self-storage facilities provide an option for individuals who don’t need access to certain items on an everyday basis but still want to keep those items protected. Orchid has a program specifically designed to cover the insurance interests of the owners of these self-storage facilities while storing others’ belongings. In addition to insuring the self-storage buildings and the insured’s business income, our program offers sub-limits to cover the customers’ goods as well as defending the insured against acts or omissions arising from the “lock-out” or sale, removal or disposition of customers’ property.
- Business Owners Policy and Monoline Property policy types available
- Up to $15 million per location, and $25 million per policy in coverage
- Up to $1 million / $2 million in General Liability Limits
- Includes the Orchid Premier Endorsement to enhance certain coverages such as Spoilage, Ordinance or Law, Outdoor Property, Employee Dishonesty, Water Backup, Outdoor Sign, Debris Removal, etc.
- Year of construction- 1950 and newer; 1900 in the Northeast, Charleston, & New Orleans
- Include Wind coverage without any restriction on distance to coast
- BOP policies offered with TIV limits up to $15 million per building
- Online submission process to increase quick turn-around times
Optional/ Additional Coverages
- Equipment Breakdown
- Ordinance or Law
- Outdoor Property
- Water Backup
- Assault & Battery*
*Unavailable for Monoline Property policies